1.Image Quality Indicators (IQI) Penetrameters.
A- Wire Type
Available in Wire length : 50 mm, 25 mm, 10mm ( 2”,1”, 3/8”)
Standard : Stainless steel (for all steels), Aluminium, Copper
Special : Nickel, Inconel, Titanium
A] WIRE TYPE IQI’S AS PER EN-462 – 1 1 FE EN, 6 FE EN, 10 FE EN, 13 FE EN
B] WIRE TYPE IQI’S AS PER ASTM E – 747 Set A, Set B, Set C, Set D
C] WIRE TYPE IQI’S AS PER BRITISH STANDARDS BS – 3971
D] WIRE TYPE IQI’S AS PER IS – 3657 FE-1, FE-2, FE-3, FE-4, FE-5
HOLE TYPE PENETRAMETERS ( As per ASTM E-1025/ E-142)
Designation : 5, 7, 10, 12, 15, 17, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50 60, 80, 100, 120, 160, 200 NOTE: 1] PLEASE SPECIFY THE MATERIAL OF PENETRAMETERS WHILE ORDERING 2] PENETRAMETERS OF STAINLESS STEEL CAN BE USED FOR ALL FERROUS AND STEEL ALLOYS
ISO 19232-5 / EN462-5 / ASTM E2002-99 Duplex IQI
The Duplex IQI is used in many X-ray applications. It is especially made for digital X-ray applications in order to evaluate image unsharpness (film and digital images) and basic spatial resolution in digital images according to EN 13068 (Radioscopy), EN 14784 and ISO 13671 (CR - Computed Radiography with imaging plates), ISO 17636-2 (digital radiography of welds - flat panel detectors) or ASTM E 2597 (characterization of digital detector arrays). A new ISO is in the works, describing the possibility of using the Duplex IQI for the determination of focal spot sizes on X-ray tubes.
Duplex IQI - D13 - Standard Resolution Version
- The D13 consists of 13 wire pairs from 1D with a wire Ø of 0.80mm to 13D with a wire Ø of 0.50mm.
- Wires 1D - 3D are made of tungsten and wires 4D to 13D are made of platinum.
- Dimensions: 70 x 15 x 4 mm
Duplex IQI - D15 - High Resolution Version
The D15 has same wire pairs as the D13 + additional wires with diameters of:
- D14 - 0.040mm (12,500 lp/mm)
- D15 - 0.032mm (15,625 lp/mm)
Duplex IQI - D17 - Ultra High Resolution Version
14 wire pairs 4D ... 17D in platinum (Pt) with Corresponding Basic Spatial Resolution (SRb value) down to 0.020 mm.
- The wires of platinum and tungsten are exactly spaced to correspond to the diameter of each pair. The degree of unsharpness is indicated by the number of wire pairs that can be seen. As unsharpness increases, the wires merge to form a single image.
- The wires are cast in a transparent, resistant and dimensional stable plastic material.
- Each IQI is cast with a standard designation and a unique serial number, which is shown on each image.
Duplex Wire Type IQ is supplied in a wooden case with short instructions, Declaration of Conformity according to EN 45014 and an individual test certificate according to ASTM E 2002. ISO 19232-5 and EN 462-5, with all relevant measurements.
Kowotest Duplex IQI, D-13
Kowotest Duplex IQI, D-15
Kowotest Duplex Wire Type IQI, ISO 19232-5, ASTM E2002, 17D UHiRes